SAT / ACT Exam Proctor
Test Proctors administer, monitor, and score multiple-choice ACT and SAT exams that allow our team to design, implement, and monitor individualized plans for our students.
This is not a remote position and training will begin mid-January 2022.
Test Proctors play an important role in our Test Prep program. Test Proctors administer, monitor, and score multiple-choice ACT and SAT exams that allow our team to design, implement, and monitor individualized plans for our students. Our Proctors are fully trained onsite on the proper procedures for each exam type and the company quality measures they are responsible for maintaining.
Proctors must be available to work Sundays from 8am - 3pm from September through June. Saturday hours may also be available in addition to, but not replacing, Sunday hours. We are currently hiring for the remainder 2021-2022 school year. A track record of success may lead to a long-term position.
You must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Compensation is $20 per hour, based on experience. Please be sure to highlight your experience working with high school students, detailed data entry, and standardized exams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review special instructions, seat assignments, and timing schedules for each exam
• Oversee check-in and explain the exam process to students
• Maintain a quiet environment and supervise students during the exam
• Manage multiple tests and timing schedules simultaneously
• Process, score, and record exams in an accurate and timely manner
• Report all exam discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner
• Communicate with Test Prep Director to resolve testing issues
• Provide high quality customer service to students and parents
• Maintain a professional and clean testing center
• Identify areas of improvement in testing-related communication chain
• Maintain confidentiality of testing materials and student scores
• Must enjoy working with high school students and their families
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Dependable and punctual
• Strong Mac computer skills including knowledge of Excel (data entry) and Xerox printer/copier
• Ability to work independently while effectively maintaining communication with the team
• High School diploma and 3-5 years clerical experience or currently enrolled college student preferred
• Reliable transportation
• Customer service experience
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• All work is performed in the office in Westport, CT
• Reports to the Practice Test Coordinator
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20 per hour