This is an economics position for the 2021-2022 academic year. Please include relevant study and experience in your cover letter, as well as your preference for full-time or part-time. Candidates will be considered for full-time employment only if able to teach a variety of high school level math and science content.
Our fundamental belief is that children learn best in the context of supportive relationships. We are committed to helping students better understand how they learn and how they can take ownership of that learning. Our team provides educational solutions for adolescents and children through individual assessment, personally tailored learning programs, and one-on-one coaching.
Subject instruction provides support in all varieties of coursework. These services reinforce understanding, provide support with weekly homework assignments, prepare students for exams, and develop analytical skills. The ideal candidate not only has a background in math and science, but also possesses an inherent curiosity about the process of developing individualized educational plans. Impeccable organizational skills, the ability to think critically, and appropriate professional judgment are necessary qualities to excel in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to teach at the AP level
• Collaborate with department Director as necessary in order to generate and execute specific plans for each student
• Coordinate with other colleagues, such as a student's Educational Therapist or Test Prep Instructor in order to provide coordinated services.
• Assist the Director with creating math and science curriculum and other special projects
• Maintain confidentiality and security of client information
• Attend weekly staff meetings and client case reviews
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and driven to help students succeed
• Aptitude for building relationships with students and colleagues
• Ability to thrive and be confident in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to pass a background check
• Reliable transportation
• Eligible to work in the United States
• All work is performed in the office in Westport, CT